G'morning, all! I temporarily forgot that today is Day One...gosh. Does that bode ill for the coming 100 Days.
I had a good retreat in Providence on Saturday/Sunday morning. I plan on sitting later this morning, after I've rolled out some assignments for my online classes.
Ah, Day One. Oh, I really need it to be Day One. I may need to take a bit of time off from the internet - life is feeling so difficult, and I need to husband every bit of energy and motivation to deal with it. But will be thinking of you all, and returning to the moment, to my breath, when I can, even if not managing to sit very much. Back soon, I hope.
And hugs to all who need them, especially you {{Jean}}.
I didn't remember it was the 6th today either, but I did meditate this morning before getting up, and felt like I was starting the day positively - so that's a good, if not entirely conscious, start!
An extra-large dose of hugs to Jean: do whatever you need to do, sweetie.
It took me until the afternoon to "get around to" meditating, but I did it: about 10 minutes of "serious cushion time." I'm also trying to be more mindful & meditative about grading, approaching it calmly & in batches rather than freaking out about "everything I have to do."
The grading pile is the same no matter how I look at it, so I might as well try to approach it from a serene rather than stressed place. That's the theory, at least...
7 Comments:
G'morning, all! I temporarily forgot that today is Day One...gosh. Does that bode ill for the coming 100 Days.
I had a good retreat in Providence on Saturday/Sunday morning. I plan on sitting later this morning, after I've rolled out some assignments for my online classes.
In the meantime, I hope everyone is well.
Ah, Day One. Oh, I really need it to be Day One. I may need to take a bit of time off from the internet - life is feeling so difficult, and I need to husband every bit of energy and motivation to deal with it. But will be thinking of you all, and returning to the moment, to my breath, when I can, even if not managing to sit very much. Back soon, I hope.
Best wishes to everyone on Day 1!
And hugs to all who need them, especially you {{Jean}}.
I didn't remember it was the 6th today either, but I did meditate this morning before getting up, and felt like I was starting the day positively - so that's a good, if not entirely conscious, start!
Well, I'm glad Udge remembered!! (I didn't, either.)
Jean, my best wishes to you for things smoothing out soon.
Love to all on this first day.
((Jean)).
Happy day 1 :)
An extra-large dose of hugs to Jean: do whatever you need to do, sweetie.
It took me until the afternoon to "get around to" meditating, but I did it: about 10 minutes of "serious cushion time." I'm also trying to be more mindful & meditative about grading, approaching it calmly & in batches rather than freaking out about "everything I have to do."
The grading pile is the same no matter how I look at it, so I might as well try to approach it from a serene rather than stressed place. That's the theory, at least...
Warmest and best to all on Day One - I'm in for the next round...
Meditated this morning in a typically haphazard way. I will commit afresh to trying to be present for the minutes, hours, and days of my life.
Post a Comment
<< Home