Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Day Ninety-nine

-99-

7 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

BOO!

9:50 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Boo to you Lorianne!

So all those of us who can are going to sit tomorrow, Weds 1 November, at the same time, as we always try to do on Day 100. This will overlap with the time that Lorianne is leading her meditation group of Keene State University.

Times as follows:

US Pacific 10 am
US Mountain 11 am
London - GMT 6 pm
Continental Europe 7 pm
US/Canada Eastern 1 pm
Canada Atlantic 2 pm
Queensland, Australia 3 am, Thursday 2 Nov
Japan and Korean 4 am, Thursday 2 Nov

If your time zone is not included, there is a user-friendly time-zone converter here: http://tinyurl.com/3k1l

10:20 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Things have been very turbulent and upsetting for me in the past few days (as you might deduce from my inability above to list times in the right order!). Hard to hold on to my breath, in or out of meditation. But I think I will be okay. My determination to take care of myself, be present to and own my feelings, but not express them as personalised anger which would escalate the situation has served me well, I think, though I would much rather not have had the opportunity to conduct this experiment in working with anger!

10:23 AM  
Blogger Stray said...

Boo back Lorianne!

((Jean)) ... and if a hug is too difficult right now because you feel like you might explode, then just store that one in a pocket for later and have a virtual cup of tea for now. I'd pour you a stiff drink instead but that was another me and at this time in the morning it wouldn't help!

Hang on to that determination to take care of yourself. It can be such a difficult thing to do, but anger turned inwards isn't something many of us can manage safely.

Thinking of you lots, hugs
xx

10:34 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Stray, not anger turned inwards. More like anger held and faced and not turned on anyone, myself included. Like standing very close to a fire, getting hotter and hotter, thinking, it's ok, it's ok, as long as I don't jump in it isn't going to burn me, and it will start to burn down after a while.

All of which doesn't mean doing nothing about the content of the disagreement, not doing anything to defend myself. But does mean refraining from hurling the angry, wounding insults which sprang to my mind, and which were not things it is ever a good idea to say to one's boss...

11:44 AM  
Blogger Stray said...

Yes ... sorry Jean - I meant just that, that finding the balance between spraying it outwards and turning it inwards (which for most of us is dangerous) is difficult - just allowing it to be around, without having to target it somewhere ... I liked your analogy about the fire.

Of all those feeling things we seem to have, I find anger the hardest to manage. I have a friend who says something like "honour your feelings, but act on your intentions" ... and I am always baffled as to how to do this when it comes to feeling angry.

Sounds like you're getting through it ... holding it and looking at it without having to chuck it anywhere, squash it, deny it ... hard work when you can walk away from the source, but when you're trapped at work with it, even harder I suspect!

12:54 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Oops, I'm afraid I somehow mislead Jean & everyone else. The scheduled synchro-sit does not match-up with my KSC meditation group, which meets from 12:15-12:45 EST, during staff-members' lunchtime.

So if you're sitting at 6 pm GMT, that is after I'm done sitting with the KSC group (1 pm EST). Apologies for somehow not communicating that clearly (?)

Jean, it sounds like you're going through a terribly stressful & traumatic time. Is there anything you can do (even something small) to see to your own self-care right now? It's fine & good to say "this too shall pass," but maybe there's a way to make things a little better/more tolerable in the meantime. I don't know what that way is...but maybe you & your gut have a sense of what you'd want to do?

3:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home