Sunday, October 29, 2006

Day Ninety-Seven

-97-

3 Comments:

Blogger Bitterroot said...

Just to anchor things down on a day when no one seems to have posted...

First, warmest thoughts to Mary and Ruth. Thinking of you both.

Went walking in the hills today. Took a deep breath of light and air and felt that oneness with all things that happens so unexpectedly. This seems to happen more often in the fall. Is it the clear air, the faded colors, the early sunset, the passage of time?

Must resume a more focused meditation schedule in the coming weeks. It's been altogether too random of late.

11:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hope everyone has had/is having/will have a peaceful evening. It's rainy and cold in Montreal, with a fierce wind, and we all know what's coming. But, bitterroot, I know what you mean about that sense of oneness in the fall - maybe it 's the beauty and the poignancy together, reminding us to notice the present because life doesn't last forever.

My meditation is not scheduled at all these days, and often it feels very perfunctory, but I know it's helping even in this disorganized state - for me right now it's more a practice of returning to the breath many times every day, and turning those times of awareness into several-minute meditations when I can.

12:21 AM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Good evening, everyone! I've not been checking in here for the past few days: between being sick & trying to keep up with a heavy grading week, I've felt a bit overwhelmed.

But today I went to a one-day retreat in Lexington, MA, and it felt good to get myself back on a cushion even as the wind howled outside & the sun-lit shadows of trees did a frantic dance on the hardwood floor in front of me. I haven't been retreating as much as I'd like, so I hope to change that.

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home