Day One Hundred
-100-
Today, to mark Day One Hundred, as many of us as possible will try to sit again at the same time:
Monday, April 10th
1:00 PM GMT, which is:
6:00 AM Vancouver
7:00 AM Boise, Denver
9:00 AM Montreal
2:00 PM London
3:00 PM Paris, Berlin
10:00 PM Seoul, Tokyo
11:00 PM Queensland

10 Comments:
I'm at work today, but will try to take a late lunch break so I can sit at 2 pm.
We need to decide when the next One Hundred Days begins - Saturday 15th? Sunday 16th? Monday 17th?
Janice, so glad to hear you're feeling better.
Will be with you all in another hour; Day 100 has dawned bright and clear in Vermont!
Yes, here in New Hampshire it's GORGEOUS: sunny & brisk.
I had a lovely sit from 9-9:30 EST, thinking of you & feeling immensely grateful for my life, this practice, & caring friends. And Reggie "sat" with us, too, moving from where he'd been resting in the bedroom to where he rests in the living room when I sit.
Before settling on my cushion, I lit a stick of incense for us all: may all creatures be saved from suffering.
A steady spattering rain outside the window. Pitch dark out there when I started, but the windows slowly lightened, and after ten minutes or so I could hear the crows start to quarrel sleepily up by the reservoir, and a single starling start to tune up out back. Now it's a wet, dark blue morning.
Good morning!
May all beings have happiness and the causes of happiness;
May all beings be without suffering and the causes of suffering;
May all beings never be without the sacred joy that is without suffering;
May all beings dwell in the great eqaunimity, impartial, free of attachment and aversion
Locked my office door and turned the light off at 2 pm for 20 minutes. It felt very happy and calm - despite the echoing noise of scaffolding being erected below my window!
Here it is freezing cold and much of Southern England, though not where I was, had heavy snow overnight. But the sun is shining and Spring flowers are everywhere. Yesterday I walked in the garden of a 'stately home' in the Cambridgeshire countryside, through carpets of wood anemones and violas under the trees.
As I sat today, the 'foreground' seemed to shift, a zigzag fade-out like a flashback in a film - did I come towards you, or was it just that I nearly fell asleep, after a very hectic weekend with not much sleep? It was nice anyway - surrender to somewhere warm and peaceful.
May you all, and everyone, know the feeling of peace.
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
I cried through the first half of the meditation. Must have needed it. Then it opened up and I felt much love flowing between us all. In deep appreciation...
I couldn't sit with you today. things have just been too overwhelming.
However, as I drove to the station to pick up my friend (something I had negotiated not to do so i could go to my yoga class and be with you in the relaxation which falls at about 3pm) I did really focus on you all and also on the 'self' which demands so much space and which seems so important. I ended up taking the time whilst driving to be thankful for you all and for this, rather than feeling angry and like I had no space for myself... so again not the traditional sit with but I am still here and still inspired by being here. Thank you everyone. I hereby renew my commitment.
I couldn't sit with you either, thanks to waking up to a sick kid. But I was thinking of you all, throughout the day, feeling much gratitude for the existence of this motley and lovely crew.
and ps dale your prayer made me cry. Thanks for the reminder of why we're all here.
By the way what happens now?! Are we resuming straight away or after Easter?
Post a Comment
<< Home