oh rats ...I am always, always awake by 6.30am (dog ownership!) even when it isn't my turn to walk the pooch ...so I didn't set my alarm ...and what happens - for the first time in weeks both myself and the dog slept in; I woke briefly at about 7am and without thinking turned over and drifted back to the rather complicated dream I was having (something to do with worrying about not eating all the veggies in my ecobox!) ... I had a really really good sleep at that point which is unusual for me ...maybe I felt held by the vibes you were sending out ...:))
I sat for about 20 minutes *in bed* after having napped on the sofa...and then promptly went to sleep afterward! So I guess that means I've now gone to bed & slept with you all!!!!!
*discussion of Buddhist meditation vis a vis cognitive science and understanding our mental world; includes explanations about Buddhist traditions - this is a 6-page pdf download
Wow if others are experiencing better sleep too maybe there's something in this ... although ...if 'tis true then I will have to ask you all to group sit on a more regular basis so I get a good night's sleep!! Maybe I should try sleeping on Monday at lunchtime.
I'm really loving this connection at the moment and reading every day even if I am not commenting very often - I'm finding something aobut it very helpful despite not meditating every day ...thanks guys!
A short sit last night … short but oh so sweet because I felt the presence of your spirits all around.
At 10:55 I lit the altar candle and the incense, then three standing bows to Buddha, Dharma and Sangha … and sat for 10 minutes on the side of my bed
I’ve been house-bound and nearly bed-ridden for two days now with excruciating back pain. Don’t know where this came from, never had it before. Remembering my father saying he had “a cold in his back”, and I thought how absurb is that. Maybe he was right.
Realizing how much I take for granted my strong and healthy body. Aware of shallow breathing through it all; and when I sat in meditation, the gradual testing and deepening of breath.
Yeah Dale … you made it to 11 o’clock also. I played with Sudoku puzzles on computer to stay awake.
Planning to be in better physical shape for the 100 Day marathon on Monday.
Sat for about 10 mins this morning, prior to leaving for work. Made a brief connection - thought of you everyone in all the different time zones ... some asleep, some not.
Janice: wishing you a speedy recovery from the back problem.
how very sweetly sleepy we all are! I remember the first 100 days and rushing back to a hotel as a rhearsal ran late and ordering a takeaway and leaving my hair wet for the concert...all feels different now, but not better or worse!
Janice - poor you.
I ran with you actually. I have been suffering a very wierd constant headache and stomach bug (too much foie gras?)for a week and haven't been wanting to sit at all. However, I did manage to get up and run thismorning and bore you all in my heart as I inhaled the blossom.
I seem to be on a kind of mini break from sitting but I know I will find my way back. Work starts after easter on J's hemp studio and that means MY ROOM is coming next!
I sat (wide awake and very twitchy) for some ten minutes before my inner jackass made me get up and go to work. Big mistake, the day was all steeply and deeply downhill from there :-(
Looking forward to Monday, and to the next hundred days. This is such a nice positive crowd, I am very glad to have found you all.
12 Comments:
Wow, that was a tired sit this morning. I got too relaxed and fell asleep again afterwards. Were you there? Love to all.
oh rats ...I am always, always awake by 6.30am (dog ownership!) even when it isn't my turn to walk the pooch ...so I didn't set my alarm ...and what happens - for the first time in weeks both myself and the dog slept in; I woke briefly at about 7am and without thinking turned over and drifted back to the rather complicated dream I was having (something to do with worrying about not eating all the veggies in my ecobox!) ... I had a really really good sleep at that point which is unusual for me ...maybe I felt held by the vibes you were sending out ...:))
I drifted off a couple times too. But it was a nice cosy sleepiness, with you all keeping me company. Kind of a slumber party :-)
I sat for about 20 minutes *in bed* after having napped on the sofa...and then promptly went to sleep afterward! So I guess that means I've now gone to bed & slept with you all!!!!!
;-)
I love this. I slept through the night for the first time all week.
We gotta do more of these! xo
Darn, I missed the slumber party! But I slept through the night for the first time all week, too... so, maybe... ?
An interesting article:
*brief intro to the article at
mindandlife.org
or go directly to the article itself:
*discussion of Buddhist meditation vis a vis cognitive science and understanding our mental world; includes explanations about Buddhist traditions - this is a 6-page pdf download
Wow if others are experiencing better sleep too maybe there's something in this ... although ...if 'tis true then I will have to ask you all to group sit on a more regular basis so I get a good night's sleep!! Maybe I should try sleeping on Monday at lunchtime.
I'm really loving this connection at the moment and reading every day even if I am not commenting very often - I'm finding something aobut it very helpful despite not meditating every day ...thanks guys!
A short sit last night … short but oh so sweet because I felt the presence of your spirits all around.
At 10:55 I lit the altar candle and the incense, then three standing bows to Buddha, Dharma and Sangha … and sat for 10 minutes on the side of my bed
I’ve been house-bound and nearly bed-ridden for two days now with excruciating back pain. Don’t know where this came from, never had it before. Remembering my father saying he had “a cold in his back”, and I thought how absurb is that. Maybe he was right.
Realizing how much I take for granted my strong and healthy body. Aware of shallow breathing through it all; and when I sat in meditation, the gradual testing and deepening of breath.
Yeah Dale … you made it to 11 o’clock also. I played with Sudoku puzzles on computer to stay awake.
Planning to be in better physical shape for the 100 Day marathon on Monday.
Sat for about 10 mins this morning, prior to leaving for work. Made a brief connection - thought of you everyone in all the different time zones ... some asleep, some not.
Janice: wishing you a speedy recovery from the back problem.
how very sweetly sleepy we all are! I remember the first 100 days and rushing back to a hotel as a rhearsal ran late and ordering a takeaway and leaving my hair wet for the concert...all feels different now, but not better or worse!
Janice - poor you.
I ran with you actually. I have been suffering a very wierd constant headache and stomach bug (too much foie gras?)for a week and haven't been wanting to sit at all. However, I did manage to get up and run thismorning and bore you all in my heart as I inhaled the blossom.
I seem to be on a kind of mini break from sitting but I know I will find my way back. Work starts after easter on J's hemp studio and that means MY ROOM is coming next!
I sat (wide awake and very twitchy) for some ten minutes before my inner jackass made me get up and go to work. Big mistake, the day was all steeply and deeply downhill from there :-(
Looking forward to Monday, and to the next hundred days. This is such a nice positive crowd, I am very glad to have found you all.
Post a Comment
<< Home