Hope it's a wonderful & refreshing trip away, Jean.
{{Devon}} Summer colds are no fun- hope it's a short one!
The wetness on the floor is the floor sweating. Ah, so. I sleep 'camping style' - my daughter has the bedroom with a bed, I 'camp out' in the teeny tiny living room on a foam mattress. I put a thin air mattress between the foam mattress and the plastic sheeting on the floor last night & that helped. Everything has to be lifted during the day, that's all. So we bring her Obasan chair into the tiny space, cosy, wonderful seating, no complaints.
Just returned from a three-day silent retreat … a contemplative weekend of yoga with chanting, pranayama, meditation and asana. We stayed in a yurt on a 10-acre property that included a large organic farm, forest trails and ponds. The labyrinth was so lovely and natural … stones and moss and plants, not so formal as others I’ve seen.
A sign post at the entrance to the property was surround by flowers … it said
MAY PEACE PREVAIL ON EARTH
This was a very different experience of meditation for me, interesting and educational, in that it’s nice to see how other folks do things. They used quite a lot of visualization and writing, chants from Hindu mythology. The chant leader played a harmonium … I’d never seen one before and was fascinated by it.
Home again today, I feel restored and refreshed. Namaste
5 Comments:
I'll be away for the rest of this week. Will be sitting, and thinking of all of you.
Jean: have a safe trip.
Hope it's a wonderful & refreshing trip away, Jean.
{{Devon}} Summer colds are no fun- hope it's a short one!
The wetness on the floor is the floor sweating. Ah, so. I sleep 'camping style' - my daughter has the bedroom with a bed, I 'camp out' in the teeny tiny living room on a foam mattress. I put a thin air mattress between the foam mattress and the plastic sheeting on the floor last night & that helped. Everything has to be lifted during the day, that's all. So we bring her Obasan chair into the tiny space, cosy, wonderful seating, no complaints.
Just returned from a three-day silent retreat … a contemplative weekend of yoga with chanting, pranayama, meditation and asana. We stayed in a yurt on a 10-acre property that included a large organic farm, forest trails and ponds. The labyrinth was so lovely and natural … stones and moss and plants, not so formal as others I’ve seen.
A sign post at the entrance to the property was surround by flowers … it said
MAY PEACE PREVAIL ON EARTH
This was a very different experience of meditation for me, interesting and educational, in that it’s nice to see how other folks do things. They used quite a lot of visualization and writing, chants from Hindu mythology. The chant leader played a harmonium … I’d never seen one before and was fascinated by it.
Home again today, I feel restored and refreshed. Namaste
Safe travels, Jean!
Mary, I'm hoping things are going better for you.
Devon, hope your cold is gone very soon.
Brenda, you know I love camping, but every night? Oh, stay dry!
Welcome home, Janice. The retreat sounds like it was a place apart, a fresh view.
For my part, I have lapsed again. Repairing my commitment now, to 5 minutes per day. Beginning... right now!
Post a Comment
<< Home