What could editing be like... the ingredients assembled, mixed, placed in the oven, baked, taken out, steaming hot, aromas filling the house. You have to wait a bit before tasting, until cooled. There is a lapse time with editing writing that is necessary to its process. Can that process be speeded up because the schedule demands it with meditation? Perhaps, Beth. I'm sure it can help. Doesn't there have to be a forgetting and a new clarity between the writing and the editing? Every time we meditate don't we open our eyes onto a new world? Our minds returned to their pristine state?
Ok, just a little... on good days, but still. :)
Ruth, I love how your writing seems part of the flow of a practice of meditation that is part of the rhythm of your life and love and work and how you share the daily struggles and their resolutions with a dynamic wisdom that seems to flow from your centre and that you access through meditation.
Unless some work comes through, I have a day of much walking today. Did anyone else read the dictionary at bedtime in high school? I used to, and I spoke about it to another woman last night and she concurred and we laughed. Part of my walking trip today is to pick up a dictionary for my daughter, who's expressed interest in reading the dictionary at bedtime too.
It's been a week since I got back from my quick trip to Dublin...and today's the first time I've sat on mat & cushion. I guess I'm slow to arrive!
I sat a restless 15 minutes this morning: how quickly I lose my grounded-ness, and how difficult it is to regain! But now that I'm back on the mat, it's simply a matter of continuing, and continuing, and continuing...
2 Comments:
What could editing be like... the ingredients assembled, mixed, placed in the oven, baked, taken out, steaming hot, aromas filling the house. You have to wait a bit before tasting, until cooled. There is a lapse time with editing writing that is necessary to its process. Can that process be speeded up because the schedule demands it with meditation? Perhaps, Beth. I'm sure it can help. Doesn't there have to be a forgetting and a new clarity between the writing and the editing? Every time we meditate don't we open our eyes onto a new world? Our minds returned to their pristine state?
Ok, just a little... on good days, but still. :)
Ruth, I love how your writing seems part of the flow of a practice of meditation that is part of the rhythm of your life and love and work and how you share the daily struggles and their resolutions with a dynamic wisdom that seems to flow from your centre and that you access through meditation.
Unless some work comes through, I have a day of much walking today. Did anyone else read the dictionary at bedtime in high school? I used to, and I spoke about it to another woman last night and she concurred and we laughed. Part of my walking trip today is to pick up a dictionary for my daughter, who's expressed interest in reading the dictionary at bedtime too.
Oh, la! Have a beautiful day everyone!
Wow, Brenda. I love your new profile pic!
It's been a week since I got back from my quick trip to Dublin...and today's the first time I've sat on mat & cushion. I guess I'm slow to arrive!
I sat a restless 15 minutes this morning: how quickly I lose my grounded-ness, and how difficult it is to regain! But now that I'm back on the mat, it's simply a matter of continuing, and continuing, and continuing...
Post a Comment
<< Home