Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Day Fifty-Nine

-59-

8 Comments:

Blogger ruth said...

Lorraine you made me spit out my coffee laughing thismorning with your reference to When Harry Met Sally! ( a fave line in a fave film)

Yoga yesterday, and now it is a beautiful sunny morn and I am off for a run and to sit in the vines.

get better ill people and I echo Lorraine in that being sick is quite enough to deal with.

8:41 AM  
Blogger ruth said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

8:42 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello from beneath a beautiful blue, cloudless sky (unusual) in cold Yorkshire. It would just be so good to be alive - if only I didn't have to get on with Chapter 4 of the diss(!). I know it's good for me...
Anyway, yesterday evening it was pouring with rain, and dark and cold and dismal. My mind was screaming 'no, no' to going out to the yoga class and my body was whispering 'yes, yes'. I stood peering out of the window. I kept hoping for a sudden deluge that would absolutely mean I couldn't go - but no such luck: it just kept on sort of pouring. I am proud to say I went with the body, under umbrella, dirty water puddles splashing against my socks, damp cold. Dusty old church hall. And I the class was good and the meditation too :-)
Warmth to all,
Anna.

9:24 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Good morning and lots of love to all of you.

Getting back with the programme, slowly: I sat last night and this morning, and walked this morning too. Feels good, though meditation was very tired and distracted.

Isn't it weird how meditation, by peeling away some of the stuff between us and everything else, creates calm and space but also emotional tumult - a peaceful space, but also a space where feelings may be unaccustomedly intense and sometimes hard to deal with. Sometimes I feel like I'm getting calmer, sometimes it's an emotional see-saw. To accept it all, not judge - or even to remember that that's the idea - well, sometimes that's a seesaw too.

12:31 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Hey there, everyone. Sorry, Ruth, about that coffee mishap. ;-) And good luck, Anna, with Chapter 4: you *will* get it done, I have no doubt!

I didn't meditate yesterday, but I sat 15 minutes this morning before my 8 am class, so all's well that ends well. :-)

I hope Jean & others who have been sick are feeling better, or at least on the way to recovery.

5:32 PM  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

Thank you, Jude. Things seem to be working themselves out into an absolutely peaceful placid calm this week. All is quiet on every front, and so I am happily exploring evolutionary ethics tonight... :)

I love your walking, swimming, ironing and peeling the spuds meditation! That could be a topic for a 'art of zen' book!

I, too, look forward to Friday when we all meditate together.

Jean, yes, it's like finding little tide pools of extraordinary action while placidly meditating on the vast ocean, isn't it.

Anna, it does feel good when we follow our own very best advice for ourselves- getting out to the yoga class in the rain sounds refreshing. Hope your writing went well today.

Ruth, wow. Just wow. A most beautiful time for you and Julian, in the fullness of a public bringing much deserved prosperity.

Lorianne, even when you 'don't' meditate, I suspect you do! It seems as natural as your camera- your mind as clear as the beautiful photographs you take...

Today I went to my favourite coffee shop, 'Moonbeam,' where I wrote a lot of notes on lots of different things. Into neuroscience these days, the surface of it anyway- it's so interesting, the way biology interfaces with consciousness.

Anyway, I scribbled in my book something I had woken with at 4am (it's been a long day), "self-healing wounds" - I had been thinking of those rubber mats that self-seal & are good to use for cropping with.

The train of thoughts over my steaming chocolate caramel coffee lead to my writing, "the self-healing heart" and underlining it: up close a bit nicked, but nice overall...

:)

2:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Jude and Brenda for your kind, warm thoughts: it gives me a real boost to read them in the morning and the emotional fortitude -so often lacking recently -to open the dissertation folder.
Ta!
Anna.

9:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks Lorianne for your encouragement - I followed your blog as you made the same journey last year and I'm willing myself to believe I can do what you did.
Anna.

10:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home