Thursday, September 21, 2006

Day Fifty-nine

-59-

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

Hugs to MB for feeling empty & unloved: goodness, haven't you just described the human condition perfectly? It seems odd & sad that so many should simultaneously feel unloved: there should be a way of gathering the world for a big hug, don't you think?

Hugs as well to Mary, with your hectic schedule. It's too bad we can't just slow down the world when we need to.

Today's a teaching day, followed by a meeting tonight & various to-do's in preparation for going away this weekend. But I sat 15 minutes first thing this morning, so life might be okay...

10:14 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Brenda, the job sounds great - I'm so glad.

Stray, I'm so glad you turned up here.

Mary, thinking of you. Now comes the uncertainty and lack of control over how long it takes to sell your flat, I guess, and nothing you can do to make it less uncertain. Sending love and total belief in your plans and progress towards realising them.

Been sitting in the evening for the past two or three days, as I've been very tired and rushed in the mornings. I find it much more of a challenge than mornings. My tired back is sore and my legs fidgety and my mind either wanders more than usual or shuts down (quite different from going still). But I'm regarding it as a different kind of practice and just as valuable.

word verification: onfoci - I wish!

3:03 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Good morning, all. Brenda, congratulations on the job!

Jean, thank you very much for your support. I suspect that in my own hands is the worst place to be slippery, ultimately, although the damage I do is mostly limited to myself.

Dale, do not underestimate the value of your hugs. Your offer of ten thousand is much appreciated. I hold myself in the thought of their warmth and steadiness.

Mary, I'm sorry things are hectic for you. May I reciprocate your hugs and much, much love? I'm so glad you are here.

Stray, oh, you made me smile, then you made me laugh, and best of all you made me feel appreciated. Cuddles to you, too, and gratitude for all you so generously offer.

Lorianne, thanks for your hugs. Perhaps I have described the human condition. It certainly is true for all too many. I brought it up here because for me it relates to my meditation practice.

I sat for five minutes before posting this.

3:11 PM  
Blogger Stray said...

Lorianne, I'm loving the world-hug-day concept.

Thanks Jean ... I'm glad I turned up here too. Thanks Brenda for inviting me!

Mary ... I'm not sure that wishing for things to go smoothly is entirely realistic, but I hope the lumps and pith are as minimal and digestible as possible!

Today is a good day because I've finally completed the DVD of my best friend's wedding, which I filmed a year ago. It's their anniversary this weekend. Wow, time flies. It's been on my mind ever since ... but is also significant because I remember how awful I felt on the day, 36 hours after the messy conclusion of my last (hopefully) bender. My ex was behind one of the cameras and so it's been a bit tough listening to her chat and giggle, and I expected to be choking on the happy smiling lovers, but actually it's had the opposite effect - I feel infected with their affection and can't wait to give it to my friend tomorrow.

I do, intellectually, understand that we are set free of our chores by joyfully getting on and doing them. Forcing myself to actually do them ... nigh on impossible.

mb, my own hands are the worst place to be slippery too. Is there any other way to be? The harder a squeeze the more inevitable it is that I will eventually fly from my own grip and land with a splash in some hot water ...

xx

7:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

{{{{mB}}}} and for everyone else who needs them. Congrats to Brenda; bon courage to Jean and Mary and Stray...and to Lorianne for dealing with teaching and busy-ness.

My mind is very much monkey-mind these days, which makes sitting frustrating and annoying; if I could make myself commit to 20 minutes it would settle but instead I do short snatches and watch it jump around and get mad at myself. I think our more-or-less constant travel between three places, if we count my father's house, is one reason; Ruth, you seem to try for daily consistency and that's what I need to do too, but I am constantly interrupted and unable to maintain a routine because our days are so unpredictable right now. Time to do something about this!

7:54 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Stray, you are succeeding in making me chuckle and it's much appreciated. It's true that holding on tight only seems to make things worse, on so many levels. Congrats on finishing the DVD; I'm sure it's lovely and will be greatly valued.

Beth, thank you. My sympathies regarding monkey-mind! I know it well.

9:37 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home