MB, Lorianne, Dale: Thanks your responses to me query re dreamlike happenings in meditation. They were all helpful and I feel less weird now. :-)
Dale's point about thinking being much more multi-sensorial than we are aware of, even when we are awake, is a really, realy interesting one. But in meditation - it's all another distraction.
I'm repairing a commitment too today as I missed sitting yesterday. The last few days have not been easy and I have been reluctant to be with myself and risk having stuff (i.e. feelings) come to the surface. But today's a new day.
I just sat for 15 minutes to the sound of steady rain. It rained all night, and after reading flash flood warnings before I went to bed, I dreamt of rising and falling waters. But now that I'm awake, I see it's just water: no flood, no damage or danger, just pitter-pat.
This afternoon I'm off to Montreal for the weekend; my hotel promises high-speed Internet access, so I hope to "see" you all from north of the border...
Oh my, Montreal, Lorianne … my favorite city, how wonderful for you.
My brain comes up with many ways to entertain itself also, but usually in dreams, not in meditation. I slip into that dreamlike state often, just before sliding into sleep, and sometimes that’s more interesting. I can direct it in small ways, almost like lucid dreaming.
Either way, my dreams are great fun, only occasionally insightful or profound. Last night I dreamt that Johnny Depp wanted to have a shower with me … no idea where that came from. The dream was long and complicated, but the shower scene was most memorable and I woke up smiling
Even though I can’t go to Montreal, life is good
My meditation routine has been regular for quite a few weeks now, and different than usual … I’m sitting for 10-15 minutes at dusk. The light is changing from day to night, and it feels just right
Impermanence is on my mind lately … death and dying, friends and family.
3 Comments:
Good morning.
Jude: good to hear from you again ...
MB, Lorianne, Dale: Thanks your responses to me query re dreamlike happenings in meditation. They were all helpful and I feel less weird now. :-)
Dale's point about thinking being much more multi-sensorial than we are aware of, even when we are awake, is a really, realy interesting one.
But in meditation - it's all another distraction.
I'm repairing a commitment too today as I missed sitting yesterday. The last few days have not been easy and I have been reluctant to be with myself and risk having stuff (i.e. feelings) come to the surface. But today's a new day.
Love to all.
Good morning, everyone!
I just sat for 15 minutes to the sound of steady rain. It rained all night, and after reading flash flood warnings before I went to bed, I dreamt of rising and falling waters. But now that I'm awake, I see it's just water: no flood, no damage or danger, just pitter-pat.
This afternoon I'm off to Montreal for the weekend; my hotel promises high-speed Internet access, so I hope to "see" you all from north of the border...
Oh my, Montreal, Lorianne … my favorite city, how wonderful for you.
My brain comes up with many ways to entertain itself also, but usually in dreams, not in meditation. I slip into that dreamlike state often, just before sliding into sleep, and sometimes that’s more interesting. I can direct it in small ways, almost like lucid dreaming.
Either way, my dreams are great fun, only occasionally insightful or profound. Last night I dreamt that Johnny Depp wanted to have a shower with me … no idea where that came from. The dream was long and complicated, but the shower scene was most memorable and I woke up smiling
Even though I can’t go to Montreal, life is good
My meditation routine has been regular for quite a few weeks now, and different than usual … I’m sitting for 10-15 minutes at dusk. The light is changing from day to night, and it feels just right
Impermanence is on my mind lately … death and dying, friends and family.
Post a Comment
<< Home