Good morning. I'm too busy. Don't like being busy, quickly reach the point where I crave doing nothing all the time and have no motivation even for the things I like to do. So I'm just doing it anyway, trying to do, not think, be in each moment and not get overwhelmed by all the coming moments. Which is a kind of meditation. And still sitting every morning. I'm finding it much harder to try and sit in the evening as well, though. When I'm tired I don't seem to have enough energy to focus. My mind wanders hopelessly, or I fall asleep.
Beth, you're in my thoughts every day. Sending you virtual hugs and blessings.
I'll definitely check out the blogger you mentioned, Janice. Still walking 2 -4 miles most days, though I've stopped the counting towards a target.
The British climate is not ideal - greyness can get very depressing - but the great advantage is that bugs don't like it either...
Janice, One Mile From Home looks great! I've added Julie's blog to my list. Thanks...
To figure out how to make a direct link, just copy a url, highlight a word in your blog edit window, click on the link button, paste in the url. Blogger does it automatically (as do all blog sites).
*Then click on the html window.* You can see the way the html is constructed.
Anytime you don't remember the equation, you can go to your blog and see it. It's always the same, like any mathematical equation, only the url and the words you want to make into an active link change.
Things are going very well for me; though, I must say, I had let go of all my 'possessions,' my household, and no longer cared if I lost everything or not. That it has all turned around doesn't surprise me. I was too attached. When I let go of the attachment, it worked out.
Good afternoon, everyone. It's another gorgeous day here in NH. I have a laundry-list of things to do in preparation for Finals Week, but it's simply too nice outside to be *inside*. So I walked the dog first thing this morning, and took a 5-minute breathing break on my usual rock while he sniffed & waded.
And now I'm off to walk into town, looking for a comfortable pair of summer sandals. So while Brenda is divesting herself of possessions, I'm going shopping... :-)
I apologize for not wording that very well - while I reached a point of not caring if I managed to keep my household goods or not, in fact I learnt that I still have all my possessions, everything is still safely in storage, and now have an arrangement worked out with the moving company, and my stuff (books, paintings, photos, writing, furniture, clothes, etc.) will be there for me until I can swing a larger home for them. I am divested of attachment to them; but I still have them (thank goodness, for my children's sakes).
4 Comments:
Good morning. I'm too busy. Don't like being busy, quickly reach the point where I crave doing nothing all the time and have no motivation even for the things I like to do. So I'm just doing it anyway, trying to do, not think, be in each moment and not get overwhelmed by all the coming moments. Which is a kind of meditation. And still sitting every morning. I'm finding it much harder to try and sit in the evening as well, though. When I'm tired I don't seem to have enough energy to focus. My mind wanders hopelessly, or I fall asleep.
Beth, you're in my thoughts every day. Sending you virtual hugs and blessings.
I'll definitely check out the blogger you mentioned, Janice. Still walking 2 -4 miles most days, though I've stopped the counting towards a target.
The British climate is not ideal - greyness can get very depressing - but the great advantage is that bugs don't like it either...
Janice, One Mile From Home looks great! I've added Julie's blog to my list. Thanks...
To figure out how to make a direct link, just copy a url, highlight a word in your blog edit window, click on the link button, paste in the url. Blogger does it automatically (as do all blog sites).
*Then click on the html window.* You can see the way the html is constructed.
Anytime you don't remember the equation, you can go to your blog and see it. It's always the same, like any mathematical equation, only the url and the words you want to make into an active link change.
Things are going very well for me; though, I must say, I had let go of all my 'possessions,' my household, and no longer cared if I lost everything or not. That it has all turned around doesn't surprise me. I was too attached. When I let go of the attachment, it worked out.
Good afternoon, everyone. It's another gorgeous day here in NH. I have a laundry-list of things to do in preparation for Finals Week, but it's simply too nice outside to be *inside*. So I walked the dog first thing this morning, and took a 5-minute breathing break on my usual rock while he sniffed & waded.
And now I'm off to walk into town, looking for a comfortable pair of summer sandals. So while Brenda is divesting herself of possessions, I'm going shopping... :-)
I apologize for not wording that very well - while I reached a point of not caring if I managed to keep my household goods or not, in fact I learnt that I still have all my possessions, everything is still safely in storage, and now have an arrangement worked out with the moving company, and my stuff (books, paintings, photos, writing, furniture, clothes, etc.) will be there for me until I can swing a larger home for them. I am divested of attachment to them; but I still have them (thank goodness, for my children's sakes).
Post a Comment
<< Home