Saturday, April 29, 2006

Day Fifteen

-15-

5 Comments:

Blogger Janice said...

I’ve been doing more walking meditation than sitting meditation recently, although I’ve kept to my commitment for 10-15 minutes sitting. There’s a lovely entry about walking meditation over at Will’s http://www.thinkbuddha.org/

He’s speaking about walking to work rather than driving or bussing …
“when on foot you build relationships with the world, and with other people in the world”.

He also references a link to WildMind, wherein they discuss “making the practice your own.”

Practicing in the Sanbo-Kyodan lineage of Japanese Zen, we walk quite slowly (rather like a stroll than a snail). In the Rinzai groups, we walked very fast (that was nice in Northern New Mexico in December because it was very cold). My preference is somewhere between these two. There are many beautiful places nearby where I can walk … beaches, parks, and just quiet neighbourhoods … in the early dawn, the birds and flowers walk with me.

6:01 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Since some of the archives have vanished, I've lost the instructions about how to make a link clickable

I think it was from Lorianne. Would some one please post this again

thanks a bunch ... love to all of you

6:05 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Oh my, oh my, the serendipity of it all. More about walking.

Today I found (while on my way to something else … you know how it goes) Julie Oakley, an artist in the UK, who is combining walking and art. She says “blogging is wonderful as a motivator to be creative, but there’s an awful lot of sitting – which leads to that syndrome – blogger’s bum." Her challenge is to walk a minimum of one mile from home. Record where you’ve been with a drawing, sculpture, photo or painting and then walk back. Every day for a year. Her blog now has five walks recorded with sketches, photos, and maps

http://onemilefromhome.blogspot.com/

Hope this isn’t straying too far off our focus of meditation. Bye now, I’m off to walk with a sketchbook and camera in my backpack to build "relationships with the world"

8:16 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Janice, I've been doing a lot of walking meditation (and outside meditation) lately, mainly because it's been so beautiful here lately. But this morning when I stopped briefly to meditate while walking Reggie at a nearby nature preserve, I noticed the first *bugs* of the season. As soon as the black-flies have hatched & are biting, these outside meditation session will end, probably within the next few days. :-(

It wasn't me who gave how-to's on how to make links clickable, but here's how. You want to enclose the linked text in two html tags: one in front of the linked text, and one after it. The first tag includes the web address, and the second includes the characters /a to "close" the link.

Both tags are enclosed in angled brackets, aka the less-than and greater-than sign: > <

The tags look like this, EXCEPT there's no spaces before/after the angled brackets:

< a href="http://www.webaddress.com" >click here< /a >

You'd replace "webaddress" with the actual URL of the site (e.g. http://www.thinkbuddha.org), and you'd replace "click here" with whatever you wanted the clickable link to "say."

I hope this isn't too terribly confusing!

3:27 AM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

And of course, that should say there ARE no spaces...can you tell I'm teaching English grammar this semester? (d'oh!)

3:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home