Hello all. I've been doing yoga in the morning, and it seems to be having a good effect that lasts long into the day. Early morning is my hardest time, emotionally, and I've long known that if I can get up and do something positive that gets my body moving, it's a big help.
I've been checking in here every day but have been kind of silent because I am dealing with my mother's approaching death - not imminent, but coming. I'll be visiting my parents again this next week and eventually will be staying with them. It's sad, joyful, difficult, and I'm glad to do it -- i.e., a complex mix of emotions and challenges. This has been such a year for my husband and me - it has felt like one thing after another - but there have also been times of joy, and a lot of learning. I'm grateful for my practice and for you here: no sympathy is necessary, but I do feel supported and want to continue to feel connected to all of you as we go through this, so I will be checking back in often. (Please don't mention any of this on my own blog, where I don't write about my immediate family very much.)
Oh, Beth... you're in my heartfelt loving-kindness meditations, much love & support. xo
Jean, and Devon, oh, you are so inspiring! I can't hear birdsong where I am but I hear the joyful trilling when I read your comments, the trees-full of chirpy notes. Thank you. xo
Beth, you've been continually in my thoughts these days: we're sending as many hugs & supportive vibes as the virtual airwaves will stand, and then some. :-)
While walking Reggie at Goose Pond today, I sat for 5 minutes on what's becoming "my" rock: a spot near the end of our loop where I like to stop & meditate while Reg takes one last swim. It was too late in the day for much birdsong: these days, I've been listening to the early morning bird chorus from *bed*...
8 Comments:
A meditation site I like very much (both aesthetically - check out the links to b&w photographers - and for the content):
http://www.wildmind.org/
The teachers are buddhist, but the info is designed for anyone interested in meditation.
I think they just nicked the name from Natalie Goldberg, Devon.
Yes, I love the birdsong when I meditate early - it's almost the only time I notice it in the city.
Hello all. I've been doing yoga in the morning, and it seems to be having a good effect that lasts long into the day. Early morning is my hardest time, emotionally, and I've long known that if I can get up and do something positive that gets my body moving, it's a big help.
I've been checking in here every day but have been kind of silent because I am dealing with my mother's approaching death - not imminent, but coming. I'll be visiting my parents again this next week and eventually will be staying with them. It's sad, joyful, difficult, and I'm glad to do it -- i.e., a complex mix of emotions and challenges. This has been such a year for my husband and me - it has felt like one thing after another - but there have also been times of joy, and a lot of learning. I'm grateful for my practice and for you here: no sympathy is necessary, but I do feel supported and want to continue to feel connected to all of you as we go through this, so I will be checking back in often. (Please don't mention any of this on my own blog, where I don't write about my immediate family very much.)
Oh, Beth... you're in my heartfelt loving-kindness meditations, much love & support. xo
Jean, and Devon, oh, you are so inspiring! I can't hear birdsong where I am but I hear the joyful trilling when I read your comments, the trees-full of chirpy notes. Thank you. xo
(((Beth))). You're so much in my thoughts and prayers. xoxo..
Checking in briefly to say hello. Tired but basically OK. Meditating. Just doing it.
{{{ Beth }}}
Good night, all. Sweet dreams be yours, my dears, if dreams there be.
Beth, you've been continually in my thoughts these days: we're sending as many hugs & supportive vibes as the virtual airwaves will stand, and then some. :-)
While walking Reggie at Goose Pond today, I sat for 5 minutes on what's becoming "my" rock: a spot near the end of our loop where I like to stop & meditate while Reg takes one last swim. It was too late in the day for much birdsong: these days, I've been listening to the early morning bird chorus from *bed*...
Ah, Beth. Much love and peace to you.
And to all others here.
Post a Comment
<< Home