Stray, that sounds horrific. I'm so sorry you've been through such an awful time, and very glad you've finally found out what the cause is. Lots of love and hugs and hoping for a better new year for you.
Woops, I don't seem to have sat since returning from retreat. I think I've just been too spaced out by high fever, but really must get back to it. During the retreat I really noticed a slightly enhanced capacity to settle and stay still for long periods - no doubt the slowly ripening fruit of daily practice, though this is, I know, a fruit that never completely ripens, that can grow hard again and/or fall off the tree...
Has any of you who post the date here signed up for New Blogger? I'm wondering, if one of us does, and posts the date, will that lock all the others out until they do the same? I would like to register for the new version, as I'm planning to move my 'novel' to a separate Blogger blog. Shall we set a date to all do it simultaneously?
I'd be very interested to know why you don't like it, Devon - absolutely no point in getting something just because it's new...
"I'd like to hibernate for a few months, just sitting, doing yoga, reading books and writing" - sounds like a retreat to me... so hard to carve out time and space when we have obligations and need to make a living, but perhaps not impossible occasionally over a lifetime. I'm hoping so. I've given up on trying to work out what and where I want when I leave London and now aspire to nothing more than clearing everything up and out and doing just that for a few months - see where my head is then...
Jean, welcome back! Ditto to Devon! And Stray, I'm thinking of you and hoping you recover your health soon - this sounds like gross medical negligence.
My Dad's knee surgery went well this morning; I'll be going there to care for him on Friday when he gets out of the hospital, and will stay a week or more; I'm hoping to use the change and the quiet to renew my practice.
I don't plan to sign up for New Blogger at all - no reason to unless I am locked out of commenting on others' blogs because of it. Many of us don't have Blogger blogs so I don't see how that could be...?
I haven't, Jean. I tried a little while back, but was not allowed to. Haven't tried since. I don't know how it would affect this blog for one of the administrators to make that shift. Honestly, I hadn't thought about it, but I'm wondering now, if one of us tries, if s/he should post a warning? Beth, I don't think it would affect folks that don't use Blogger, but it might affect those of us who do. On the other hand, I'm noticing that the commenting is much better coordinated these days between the old and new. ???
I have the new blogger beta. I prefer it and haven't had any teething problems at all - and it uses my googlemail login which is handy ...
Don't have a clue how it would affect others posting, but hey, I could do a quick test? I could add Jean as an editor to my blog briefly and see if you can post and amend a post?
And thanks for the words of encouragement! It's all been rather surreal ... feels like the whole year was really ... I think I will chalk up pretty much the whole of 2006 as 'experience'.
It's nice though to look back and know that however bumpy the journey, I'm definitely a stronger person than I was a year ago. I feel happier with my relationship with myself, and with the rest of the planet. More purposeful or something.
I haven't switched to the Beta either. Hmmm, only one early adopter among us?!?!
It's my understanding that we will all be required eventually to go to the new version, which is actually out of Beta at this point. After hearing cries of woe about the switch, I am just biding my time.
A friend suggested that I start a new test blog (that could be deleted immediately) just for the purpose of experimenting with the new Blogger and getting my sealegs with it. Sounds like a practical suggestion, but there are too many other things going on right now to mess around with this.
8 Comments:
Stray, that sounds horrific. I'm so sorry you've been through such an awful time, and very glad you've finally found out what the cause is. Lots of love and hugs and hoping for a better new year for you.
Woops, I don't seem to have sat since returning from retreat. I think I've just been too spaced out by high fever, but really must get back to it. During the retreat I really noticed a slightly enhanced capacity to settle and stay still for long periods - no doubt the slowly ripening fruit of daily practice, though this is, I know, a fruit that never completely ripens, that can grow hard again and/or fall off the tree...
Has any of you who post the date here signed up for New Blogger? I'm wondering, if one of us does, and posts the date, will that lock all the others out until they do the same? I would like to register for the new version, as I'm planning to move my 'novel' to a separate Blogger blog. Shall we set a date to all do it simultaneously?
I'd be very interested to know why you don't like it, Devon - absolutely no point in getting something just because it's new...
"I'd like to hibernate for a few months, just sitting, doing yoga, reading books and writing" - sounds like a retreat to me... so hard to carve out time and space when we have obligations and need to make a living, but perhaps not impossible occasionally over a lifetime. I'm hoping so. I've given up on trying to work out what and where I want when I leave London and now aspire to nothing more than clearing everything up and out and doing just that for a few months - see where my head is then...
Jean, welcome back! Ditto to Devon! And Stray, I'm thinking of you and hoping you recover your health soon - this sounds like gross medical negligence.
My Dad's knee surgery went well this morning; I'll be going there to care for him on Friday when he gets out of the hospital, and will stay a week or more; I'm hoping to use the change and the quiet to renew my practice.
I don't plan to sign up for New Blogger at all - no reason to unless I am locked out of commenting on others' blogs because of it. Many of us don't have Blogger blogs so I don't see how that could be...?
I haven't, Jean. I tried a little while back, but was not allowed to. Haven't tried since. I don't know how it would affect this blog for one of the administrators to make that shift. Honestly, I hadn't thought about it, but I'm wondering now, if one of us tries, if s/he should post a warning? Beth, I don't think it would affect folks that don't use Blogger, but it might affect those of us who do. On the other hand, I'm noticing that the commenting is much better coordinated these days between the old and new. ???
I have the new blogger beta. I prefer it and haven't had any teething problems at all - and it uses my googlemail login which is handy ...
Don't have a clue how it would affect others posting, but hey, I could do a quick test? I could add Jean as an editor to my blog briefly and see if you can post and amend a post?
Sx
And thanks for the words of encouragement! It's all been rather surreal ... feels like the whole year was really ... I think I will chalk up pretty much the whole of 2006 as 'experience'.
It's nice though to look back and know that however bumpy the journey, I'm definitely a stronger person than I was a year ago. I feel happier with my relationship with myself, and with the rest of the planet. More purposeful or something.
Thanks all for being part of that!
Sx
I haven't switched to the Beta either. Hmmm, only one early adopter among us?!?!
It's my understanding that we will all be required eventually to go to the new version, which is actually out of Beta at this point. After hearing cries of woe about the switch, I am just biding my time.
A friend suggested that I start a new test blog (that could be deleted immediately) just for the purpose of experimenting with the new Blogger and getting my sealegs with it. Sounds like a practical suggestion, but there are too many other things going on right now to mess around with this.
Post a Comment
<< Home