All my warmest best wishes to all of you for 2007. Specially nice to find Devon here over the holiday.
Feeling somewhat disoriented. I had a lovely christmas, meditating in a beautiful Palladian mansion in the Devon countryside which is now a buddhist centre, and whose grounds are home to an organic farm and vineyard as well as to vast acres of misty woods and peaceful, meandering river. Not a single car or plane noise for 5 days, sitting quietly far from the road and under a soft cushion of fog.
Inevitably, several of the thirty of us shut up together at midwinter were coughing and sneezing and I came home with something nasty which has kept me more or less in bed and sleeping since I got back - probably a much needed rest, but quite strange to emerge from it and return today to work, where I am the only one in the office.
Need to get back on that cushion and touch my centre!
More odd times chez stray. Been back to hospital this week and discovered that some of the neurological / psychological problems I was having - anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, dizziness, disorientation and even hallucinations (scary) - for which I'd been prescribed some powerful neuroleptics by a psychiatrist, were actually being caused by a raging infection in my pelvis and kidneys.
I'm not mad, I'm ill! Ok, I'm a bit mad, but I'm mostly physically ill :) Apparently my white blood cell count is through the roof and if they'd bothered to check that when I was in hospital before xmas (they even put me in a locked psychiatric ward because I was so altered, which was absolutely terrifying) they would have realised that I needed anti-biotics not anti-psychotics.
We don't really do lawsuits over here, but I'm bringing a complaint against my hospital because they were negligent and incompetent in so many different areas. I don't want any money or anything, I just want them to change their attitudes and train their staff a bit better.
Trying to hold on to the fact that I am learning important life lessons about patience and forgiveness and standing up for myself. And listening to my own instincts about stuff!
Maybe when my anti-biotics have worked I will have the concentration and energy to post in my blog again ...!
My goodness, Stray, what an ordeal you've gone through. And Jean, I'm so pleased you had a lovely Christmas; I hope you are soon over the nastiness you acquired. Devon, welcome back!
5 Comments:
All my warmest best wishes to all of you for 2007. Specially nice to find Devon here over the holiday.
Feeling somewhat disoriented. I had a lovely christmas, meditating in a beautiful Palladian mansion in the Devon countryside which is now a buddhist centre, and whose grounds are home to an organic farm and vineyard as well as to vast acres of misty woods and peaceful, meandering river. Not a single car or plane noise for 5 days, sitting quietly far from the road and under a soft cushion of fog.
Inevitably, several of the thirty of us shut up together at midwinter were coughing and sneezing and I came home with something nasty which has kept me more or less in bed and sleeping since I got back - probably a much needed rest, but quite strange to emerge from it and return today to work, where I am the only one in the office.
Need to get back on that cushion and touch my centre!
Happy new year all!
More odd times chez stray. Been back to hospital this week and discovered that some of the neurological / psychological problems I was having - anxiety, insomnia, nightmares, dizziness, disorientation and even hallucinations (scary) - for which I'd been prescribed some powerful neuroleptics by a psychiatrist, were actually being caused by a raging infection in my pelvis and kidneys.
I'm not mad, I'm ill! Ok, I'm a bit mad, but I'm mostly physically ill :) Apparently my white blood cell count is through the roof and if they'd bothered to check that when I was in hospital before xmas (they even put me in a locked psychiatric ward because I was so altered, which was absolutely terrifying) they would have realised that I needed anti-biotics not anti-psychotics.
We don't really do lawsuits over here, but I'm bringing a complaint against my hospital because they were negligent and incompetent in so many different areas. I don't want any money or anything, I just want them to change their attitudes and train their staff a bit better.
Trying to hold on to the fact that I am learning important life lessons about patience and forgiveness and standing up for myself. And listening to my own instincts about stuff!
Maybe when my anti-biotics have worked I will have the concentration and energy to post in my blog again ...!
Love to all,
Sx
Welcome back to Jean: I'm glad the retreat went well but sorry to hear you came home with a "souvenir." :-(
Stray, I hope the antibiotics provide fast and lasting relief: at least the doctors eventually figured out what the problem was. (yikes...)
Stray, what an ordeal you describe. May the new year bring health and vitality to you.
Welcome back Jean and Devon!
My goodness, Stray, what an ordeal you've gone through. And Jean, I'm so pleased you had a lovely Christmas; I hope you are soon over the nastiness you acquired. Devon, welcome back!
Wishes to all for good health!
Post a Comment
<< Home