Sitting has become much easier for me, now that I've given up on the idea that it must be the absolutely first thing that I do in the day. (Which sounds pretty stupid when written down, but that was my belief or rather unexamined preconception.)
I've discovered an amusing way of dealing with niggling itches while sitting, which always get me just south of my shoulderblades. I was doing the mountain visualisation, and visualised the itch as a tiny party of mountaineers clambering up my back (like peasants pushing an overloaded donkey up a narrow track in a Hiroshige print). It made me chuckle, and somehow reduced the irritation: the sensation was still there but it no longer itched.
Hello Jeannie, welcome aboard. And to all other lurkers: come on in, the mats are out and we don't bite. (Sadly true, most such common-interest groups that I've known have turned into us-against-the-unwashed cliques at some stage. Perhaps the (apparent) preponderance of women here prevents this? Food for thought.)
Whoops, I didn't sit at all yesterday - rose early to rush back to London from weekend away in time for work, and fell right into bed after work after such a long day. Does writing about meditation count? I don't THINK so!
5 Comments:
Happy Tuesday, everyone.
Sitting has become much easier for me, now that I've given up on the idea that it must be the absolutely first thing that I do in the day. (Which sounds pretty stupid when written down, but that was my belief or rather unexamined preconception.)
I've discovered an amusing way of dealing with niggling itches while sitting, which always get me just south of my shoulderblades. I was doing the mountain visualisation, and visualised the itch as a tiny party of mountaineers clambering up my back (like peasants pushing an overloaded donkey up a narrow track in a Hiroshige print). It made me chuckle, and somehow reduced the irritation: the sensation was still there but it no longer itched.
Hello Jeannie, welcome aboard. And to all other lurkers: come on in, the mats are out and we don't bite. (Sadly true, most such common-interest groups that I've known have turned into us-against-the-unwashed cliques at some stage. Perhaps the (apparent) preponderance of women here prevents this? Food for thought.)
Jeannie, hello, lovely to see you here.
Whoops, I didn't sit at all yesterday - rose early to rush back to London from weekend away in time for work, and fell right into bed after work after such a long day. Does writing about meditation count? I don't THINK so!
Dale, the front page looks great now. Thanks. I hope the archiving will speed things up.
Udge, your tiny party of mountaineers completely cracked me up!! So funny! I'll have to try that one out next time I get the itches.
Jeannie, welcome.
love to all
Oh, and many thanks for the good wishes regarding headaches! They're gone now. Phew.
mb, so glad you're feeling better. Have been thinking about you.
Post a Comment
<< Home