Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Day Fifteen

-15-

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

In response to Brenda's question yesterday...yeah, I sorta have a break now. I'm still teaching one class online, and I need to get to the business of prepping for my fall classes, one of which I have to design from the ground up. But I'm through with my face-to-face summer school class, so I have this week to get organized (my house is a mess!), and then I'm OFF TO IRELAND next week (woooohooooo!)

Okay, that being said, it's time to go practice.... :-)

11:33 AM  
Blogger GooberMonkey said...

Thanks Devon for the wonderful link. Sounds like an incredible retreat, and you've garnered my curiosity.

Have done some before bedtime lying down yoga/meditation for the past couple of days. This evening I am back to sitting, but will keep that lying down piece as well. I've found my dreams are clearer and my sleep stiller afterward.

5:13 PM  
Blogger Janice said...

Welcome back Jean. Did you drive your week away?

I’ve been making lots of short road trips recently, and I’ll continue those so long as the weather stays reasonable. I do love being on the road … on the ‘blue highways’ as William Least Heat Moon calls them. On road maps, the major arteries are red, and the small by-ways are blue. To the Gulf Islands and the San Juan Islands, the Olympic Peninsula and Cowichan Valley.

And I sing … in Australia, the Aboriginal Creation myths tell of the legendary totemic beings who wandered over the continent, singing out the name of everything that crossed their path – birds, animals, plants, rocks, waterholes – and so singing the world into existence.

. I’m singing my world into a better place.

5:41 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

janice - beautiful. I loved 'The Songlines' by Chatwin. Singing things into existence rings so very very true for me as a musician.

chill, lorraine!

devon i long to go to both ireland and a writers retreat so will check out your link.

sat at pool. lapping and lovely.

8:44 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Lorianne, you lucky one! For how long will you be in Ireland?

Janice, I take great solace in the knowledge that someone else wants to sing the world into a better place. Singing things into existence is something I've always believed in.

Ruth, I should read this book you mentioned?

Brenda, your comment from yesterday — I don't think my whole life is a meditation at all! At least, that's not the way I experience it. That's why I need so badly to meditate. It is true that I have many opportunities for experiences that if I approach them the right way could be meditative. I need to take better advantage of that, I think. Still, just sitting, makes a noticeable difference in my life when I do it. That tells me, if nothing else does, that it's different.

1:08 AM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

I'll be in Ireland for ten days, spending most of the time staying with a friend in Dublin with a 2-day train trip to Galway. (I'll be car-free, so I'll be relying on public transit & my own two feet to get around.)

Part of my foot-dragging about doing bows this week (I sat this morning but didn't bow) is the knowledge that I won't do bows while I'm on holiday, so why start now? That's not a very "Zen" attitude, but there you go...

I am planning to sit while in Ireland, so I guess I'm not a complete slug. :-)

2:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home