Monday, August 07, 2006

Day Fourteen

-14-

12 Comments:

Blogger Jean said...

Hello all of you. Back from a peaceful and enjoyable week away, during which I kept meditating every day. Good to read you!

9:17 AM  
Blogger Stray said...

Good to see you back Jean :)

10:58 AM  
Blogger that dave said...

it is so quiet here. we have a civic holiday today for no reason other than that it is the first monday of august. the kids are still sleeping. i think the whole city is sleeping.

12:53 PM  
Blogger elsie said...

I'm still chugging along. I spent a lot of last week trying different things: a minute of mindful breathing at the top of the hour, labyrinth walking, relaxation post.

But I'm finding that sitting is really the best mindful activity for me, so I'm going back to it.

1:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Meditation every day. The commitment helps. Got myself into a job (painting an information stand for the local organic farm)that turns out to be more than I bargained for. I am going to continue the painting as a "meditation".

Arthur

1:14 PM  
Blogger ruth said...

lovely to have you back, Jean.

The new job sounds good Arthur!

I sat today in my new room, with my little Buddha from nepal and my favourite incense. there are a few nano moments when I really experience the mind at rest. In those moments I am not even following breath or listening to ambient, I am really just being. Then my mind comes charging in analysing and commenting! hey ho!

As you all reminded us yestreday, peace to all, and here's to every nano moment that might contribute to it.

3:44 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Welcome back, Jean! You've been missed. I hope your week was what you needed.

Cyclingdave, glad to hear you had a good trip!

Arthur, painting as meditation sounds lovely.

Ruth, congrats on your wonderful new room! And the nano moments, too...

I keep plugging away with my sitting, most days. My focus is shifting slowly away from the numbers (of minutes) to just whether I've done it or not each day. That seems to be where it works better for me. 3, 5, 15, 20, 40... doesn't seem to matter as much as just doing it. Looking for those nano moments...

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back, Jean!! We'v missed you.

Ruth - I love it that you have your room, and I know just what you mean about your mind charging back! Yes, here's to nano moments!

8:02 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Hey, everyone...and welcome back, Jean!

I took a good long walk after turning in summer school grades (yea!), and now I'm off to read in bed until I'm too tired to hold a book anymore. I'll try to sneak in some mindful breaths in there somewhere...

12:39 AM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

PS: Hooray for labyrinth-walking, Elsie. I should take/make the time to re-visit the small stone labyrinth behind our local Baptist church: thanks for the reminder!

12:41 AM  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

Welcome back, Jean! We missed you, but glad you had a relaxing week away, which I know you needed.

But you're not sleeping, cyclingdave! Over here in TO, yes, it was a quiet day too (thought it's been crazy Caribbana weekend).

Elsie, I'm with you on sitting, that's my favourite way to meditate bar none. Oh, I do like to put on a chant and chant along while preparing food... oh, and walks in the wild... oh, and, umm, it all works, doesn't it? Though sitting's best.

Arthur, see now, that's where meditation helps, painting the sign becomes meditation, which helps you to concentrate more deeply, do a better job and spiritually progress at the same time! 'Tis wonderful! :)

Ruth, I am so glad you have this special room of your own! It'll make such a difference to your daily creative rhythms... blessings for your space, many blessings.

MB, I think your whole life is a meditation! Just doing it, yes. A reconnection. Doesn't matter how long. A nano moment can happen anytime... (though with you I think more of them happen more of the time!)

Beth, hope you're doing well, thinking of you...

Lorianne, does this mean you actually get some Summer vacation down time?! Yay if it does. Time to celebrate... a labyrinth walk is as good a place to start surely!

Currently I'm living in 'unstructured time' - an experiment in off-the-cuff living. I did spend vast tracts of today meditating very deeply. Not sure where it's taking me, not sure if that's the point. Not seeking an enlightenment that I don't believe in. Perhaps I do it to try to approach everything from a great depth. If that makes any sense...

*blessings all, xo

4:46 AM  
Blogger Brenda Clews said...

Stray... I do hope you're recovering well after your small operation last week! *hugs xo

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home