Good morning, everybody. I hope we are all healthy and happy today?
Solstice is coming, the sun has just risen. It's a grey day, wet and windy, I'm struggling against low blood pressure and a mild case of don't-give-a-damn.
It's funny, I sometimes feel my pulse racing while I sit, and realize that I have forgotten to breathe while allegedly concentrating on my breathing.
Udge, yes I know what you mean in your last remark!
'A mild case of don't-give-a-damn': interesting how that can be a very pleasant or a quite unpleasant state, and the difference is perhaps quite slight.
I've been lurking ... reading, following. Thanks for comments on my blog checking on me ... some of the time I was away physically, and most of it I've been on another planet mentally!
Funny time here, full of anxiety and waiting and problems for which there are no solutions except attemting to wait less anxiously ... lol. Not my forte! Carefully negotiating family relationships around incredibly complex stuff, knowing that in just over 2 weeks we'll be in the christmas pressure cooker!
I've found it impossible to engage with my blog because although there have been moments during which I've felt light and positive, whilst in them I've been busy doing the things that produced them ... and afterwards I've been refilled with the anxiety. I don't want to post gloom and doom, so have been quietly waiting for the shadows to pass instead.
However - yesterday and monday I had a fab, if exhausting, time facilitating a think-tank in the oldest part of Windsor Castle. The Queen needs her windows looking at - very rattly in the gales we've had ... ! All rather abstract as an experience (despite having had it before, though as participant rather than facilitator). Anyway - it was mostly tremendously positive - talking about how e-technologies will shape our world over the next 20 years, particularly in the areas of education and ethics. And how we make sure it's a positive rather than scary future.
Talked a lot about this place, blogging, e-community, and the blending of off-line / on-line into 'in-line' - and of real-life / virtual-life simply becoming 'my-life'.
So - held you all in my thoughts many times whilst staring out the windows at dudes in bearskin hats. Also whilst having a late night torch tour of St George's Chapel - the oldest part of which was built in the 13th Century. Standing in a building over 700 years old kind of helps a little with perspective :)
Udge - I am with you on the not breathing. My default behaviour when concentrating on anything - including breath - is to hold my breath.
Udge, when I first started teaching, I was so nervous about being in front of a class, I'd often forget to breath. I can only imagine how funny/alarming it was to watch a young prof trying to cram an entire lecture in a single breath...and ultimately running out of air at the end of a long, breathless sentence!
Today a class of "Heath & Wellness" students came to the noontime mediation group I lead on campus: lots of beginner's mind!
5 Comments:
Good morning, everybody. I hope we are all healthy and happy today?
Solstice is coming, the sun has just risen. It's a grey day, wet and windy, I'm struggling against low blood pressure and a mild case of don't-give-a-damn.
It's funny, I sometimes feel my pulse racing while I sit, and realize that I have forgotten to breathe while allegedly concentrating on my breathing.
Udge, yes I know what you mean in your last remark!
'A mild case of don't-give-a-damn': interesting how that can be a very pleasant or a quite unpleasant state, and the difference is perhaps quite slight.
Hey all,
I've been lurking ... reading, following. Thanks for comments on my blog checking on me ... some of the time I was away physically, and most of it I've been on another planet mentally!
Funny time here, full of anxiety and waiting and problems for which there are no solutions except attemting to wait less anxiously ... lol. Not my forte! Carefully negotiating family relationships around incredibly complex stuff, knowing that in just over 2 weeks we'll be in the christmas pressure cooker!
I've found it impossible to engage with my blog because although there have been moments during which I've felt light and positive, whilst in them I've been busy doing the things that produced them ... and afterwards I've been refilled with the anxiety. I don't want to post gloom and doom, so have been quietly waiting for the shadows to pass instead.
However - yesterday and monday I had a fab, if exhausting, time facilitating a think-tank in the oldest part of Windsor Castle. The Queen needs her windows looking at - very rattly in the gales we've had ... ! All rather abstract as an experience (despite having had it before, though as participant rather than facilitator). Anyway - it was mostly tremendously positive - talking about how e-technologies will shape our world over the next 20 years, particularly in the areas of education and ethics. And how we make sure it's a positive rather than scary future.
Talked a lot about this place, blogging, e-community, and the blending of off-line / on-line into 'in-line' - and of real-life / virtual-life simply becoming 'my-life'.
So - held you all in my thoughts many times whilst staring out the windows at dudes in bearskin hats. Also whilst having a late night torch tour of St George's Chapel - the oldest part of which was built in the 13th Century. Standing in a building over 700 years old kind of helps a little with perspective :)
Udge - I am with you on the not breathing. My default behaviour when concentrating on anything - including breath - is to hold my breath.
Love and hugs to all!
Sx
Hey there, everyone!
Udge, when I first started teaching, I was so nervous about being in front of a class, I'd often forget to breath. I can only imagine how funny/alarming it was to watch a young prof trying to cram an entire lecture in a single breath...and ultimately running out of air at the end of a long, breathless sentence!
Today a class of "Heath & Wellness" students came to the noontime mediation group I lead on campus: lots of beginner's mind!
Good morning, all (it's actually five minutes into Thursday morning here.) Welcome back, Stray! I was actually a bit worried about you.
Have slipped a bit with the sitting and must re-up. This is my affirmation that I will do so.
Post a Comment
<< Home