Monday, December 18, 2006

Day Forty-Three

-43-

6 Comments:

Blogger Lorianne said...

My KSC grades are due this afternoon, and I'll be reading papers down to the wire...

10:48 AM  
Blogger Jean said...

Aiee. Good luck Lorianne. If you're as tired as I am, this is grim.

Seeing all the pale, tired faces round me and knowing how many of them will return from the coming holiday having succombed to colds and flu as soon as they 'stopped' makes me very, very cross with the way we live. No point in being cross, I guess, and thereby adding to the tense atmosphere, only in trying to be different and spread kindness and a more spacious feeling around.

11:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Just wanting to wish everyone a good week, and patience as we approach the holidays and everyone is feeling so overloaded and stressed. I went to a wonderful Bach organ concert yesterday afternoon and it was an oasis of beauty and peace that has stayed with me. I find listening to music a big help during times like this. Love to all!

3:54 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

Thanks, Jean & Beth, for the well-wishes. I submitted my KSC grades around 1 pm today, then took a nap after coming home & walking Reg. I'm still teaching online through Christmas, but I'm taking the rest of the night off from anything remotely work-like.

I just now sat for about 15 minutes, and it felt incredibly restorative & "right." The immediate aftermath of any semester always feels a bit depressing: the sudden shift from "super-busy" to "nothing that needs done" is a real shock, and I usually come down from the adrenaline rush pretty hard. But simply sitting with my tired, "Now what?" mind felt good: not meditation as doing, but meditation as resting.

It occurred to me earlier today that part of the reason why I crash from the adrenaline-rush at the end of the term is the seemingly inevitable way that the end-of-term erases my meditation practice, leaving me with only a feeble inner-compass to right myself.

11:47 PM  
Blogger Lorianne said...

PS: Jean, I hope you find some "down" time soon. It sounds like everyone's in dire need of some rest...

11:48 PM  
Blogger MB said...

Thinking of you all... I'm in the thick of a busy week, looking forward to the end of the week when things will lift a bit. Beth, I thought it was interesting you mentioned listening to music — I've started being more intentional about listening to music while I am working this week, for stress release.

3:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home